What is the job like?
We are looking for a Head of Engineering that can help us excel even further in our quest to continue being the best hosting company in terms of speed, scalability, security and sustainability.
The annual salary range is 90K - 135K EUR, depending on your experience level. We are looking for someone in Europe to fulfill what will be a remote role.
What does the team do?
The engineering team comprises the Backend Team and the Operations Team that cover three different areas: Servebolt Cloud Operations, Research & Development, and Internal IT Operations.
The engineering teams are responsible for the heart and soul of what Servebolt offers and that is web hosting of the highest quality in speed, scalability, sustainability, and security. The responsibilities for the team range from Servebolt Cloud server and network management to developing our Control Panel and so much in between.
We are looking for you
We are looking for you when you describe yourself as a seasoned IT specialist with managerial skills. In your role you'll play a huge part in helping Servebolt grow faster and further. We're looking for someone who is not afraid to go against the grain and enjoy challenging the status quo. Our Head of Engineering should be a well organized person, and understand the importance of always asking "Why?" as well as go for the question behind the question. We like to solve problems at the root. Have a look at our server stack to get an idea of how we're putting this in practice.
As Head of Engineering you report to the CEO and are part of the management team. You are responsible for the development and operations of the Servebolt Cloud, leading your teams and engineers. You understand the future needs for your teams and Servebolt and provide technical direction and guidance. You are responsible for the short and long term development life-cycles and plan and manage as such. You'll be an integral part of the management team to make sure Engineering is working closely with Product, Marketing, and Customer Success teams in the best and most efficient way possible.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or any other relevant field or relevant working experience
- 7+ years working experience as a Senior or Lead Developer
- Outstanding leadership skills
- Ability to move a cross-functional group in a unified direction and with a common vision
- Vast experience in software engineering
- Expertise in full stack architecture Linux technologies
- Experience in the management of a development teams
- Experience in cross-functional projects and recording project progress
- Strong communication skills
- Thrive to work in a constantly evolving environment
- Excellent English writing and speaking skill
Extra's that would make us very happy
- Ideally, you also have an interest in or experience with:
- Low level Linux development and programming
- Hardware and implementation of hardware features in software
- Experience with large scale distributions of Apache, NGINX and MariaDB
- ISO27001 certification and other relevant certifications
- We also think it'd be really cool if you're still on IRC.