We're all-Linux, open-source based and have a much stronger internal technical team than traditional hosting companies, operating our proprietary Servebolt Cloud.
The Backend Python Developer handles building and maintaining many parts of our internal systems. They're largely built on Python, but having intimate knowledge of PHP, C, Bash and other languages comes in very handy as well. These internal systems are the glue in our own bespoke Servebolt Cloud in and between the various components. Alongside our public Servebolt Cloud, you'll also be responsible for connecting our internal systems through our Servebolt API to our customer facing Control Panel.
The Backend Python Developer works closely with our Cloud Engineers and Backend Developers to work on the various components. We are looking to fill a backend developer role with a strong focus on Python and PostgreSQL.
We are looking for someone in EMEA time zones.
What does the team do?
You'll be part of the Development Team who combined work on all aspects of our internal systems and components. To give you some more in depth details on what our Development Team does and what kind of responsibilities it has, we have compiled a list:
- We have an ongoing API project, and are working as an "API First" company. The API will be the base for everything we do in our new hosting control panel, as well as integrations. The API itself is being built in Laravel.
- Planning and execution of infrastructure projects
- Provide input, design, implementation support to development projects
- Bridge customer facing components with backend systems
- Support our customer facing teams with debugging and problem solving
We are looking for you
We are looking for you if you describe yourself as a Python and PostgresQL specialist. Someone who truly understands all the ins and outs of both languages. To understand what our entire stack looks like, have a look at what the Servebolt stack looks like. If you have experience with PHP/Laravel, that's even better, but if you're more specialized in the direction of SysOps, that would be great as well.
We would love it if you have worked in a larger team in the past, and want to join a small and agile team where you can have more impact. We value a highly independent but collaborative mindset, and we believe you are a creative technologist with a focus on performance, security, and scalability.
- 3+ years of experience in managing medium to large scale distributed system infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience with Python, PostgreSQL
- Experience with PHP
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Communication skills – make the complex easy to understand
Extra's that would delight us
Ideally, you also have experience with the following, but they are not required.
- Experience with large scale distributions of Apache, NGINX and MariaDB
- ISO27001 certification and other certifications