We are looking for a Cloud Operations Engineer that can help us maintain and improve the Servebolt Cloud. Starting annual salary range is 750 000 NOK - 1 000 000 NOK depending on your experience level.
What is the job like?
The Cloud Operations Engineer is responsible for building, maintaining and, very importantly, optimizing our hosting infrastructure. Also known as the Servebolt Cloud – which consists of servers owned and fully managed by Servebolt. Alongside our public Servebolt Cloud, you'll also be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of our internal systems such as backup systems and monitoring.
We are looking for someone in our Oslo office and therefore need someone in close proximity to Oslo, as physical presence in our Oslo office and data center is required from time to time.
What does the team do?
To give you some more in depth details on what our Operations Team does and what kind of responsibilities it has, we have compiled a detailed list:
- Planning and execution of infrastructure projects
- Provide input, design, implementation support to development projects
- Do network operations including planning and design network architecture (switches, routers, firewalls)
- Install new servers, both in our Cloud and our internal services.
- Maintain our Cloud and hosting of internal services
- Custom software package builds and application optimization, RPM Packaging
- Do configuration and configuration management using Ansible
- Design, develop, implement and maintain our future backup solution
- Design, develop, implement and maintain our future monitoring system
- Do incident response and be part of the operations team on-call rotation
- Support the customer facing support team with answers and solutions to technical questions and problems
We are looking for you
We are looking for you if you describe yourself as a Linux generalist. Someone who truly understands all the ins and outs of Linux. Examples of this would be analysis of kernel building, core dumps, package building and the overall optimization of Linux components. We use Red Hat Enterprise Linux based OS, and some Ubuntu Linux for internal services. On top of that, you're proficient in anything and everything NGINX, Apache, PHP, and MariaDB. You can read a lot here about how the Servebolt hosting stack works.
We love it if you have worked in a larger team in the past, and want to join a small and agile team where you can have more impact. We value a highly independent but collaborative mindset, and we believe you are a creative technologist with a focus on performance, security, and scalability.
- 5+ years of experience in managing medium to large scale distributed system infrastructure
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Troubleshooting skills at all levels, from networking to application level
- Significant experience with incident management and response
- Communication skills – make the complex easy to understand
- Norwegian citizenship or permanent residence permit in Norway
Extra's that would make us very happy
Ideally, you also have experience with:
- Experience with large scale distributions of Apache, NGINX and MariaDB
- ISO27001 certification and other relevant certifications